The Maintenance sub-unit of information and Communication Technology Unit was set up in 2001 by Prof A. O. Okhamafe in his time as Director of the Unit. Before then, Maintenance and repair of Computers/peripherals and network was done by contractors who had their services engineers on ground in both Campuses of Ugbowo and Ekewauan. The initiative to set up the University ICT Maintenance/ Network sub unit was geared towards reducing cost for the University in engaging contractors.
Since then, the subunit has taken the challenge to repair and maintain computers and peripherals in the two campuses on departmental/ units' request.
Presently, the subunit is head by Mr Omodiaogbe Matthew (AISLE) who is an Assistant Chief Technologist.
Staff of the Unit
- Mr Jatto Enorense, Principal System Engineer
- Mr Augustine Ogedegbe, Principal System Engineer
- Mr Igbinidu O., Senior System Engineer
- Mr Uko Brownson, Computer Engineer I
- Engr. Omorogiuwa Sam, System Engineer I
- Mr Dele-Ogbeide Osasumwen, Computer Engineer II
- Mr Solomon Ogiobadan, Programmer II
- Mr. Nelson Oseh, Computer Engineer II
- Mr. Oiwoh Emmanuel, Asst. Computer Engineer
- Mr. Afeinsumu Thompson, Computer Engineer II
It is all about computer installation(software and hardware), repairs and maintenance. we give recommendations on software and hardware procurement. We also carry out installation and repairs of computer accessories such as printers, scanners, ups, inverter, and so on.